EcoNews Archive Internship
The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) is offering an EcoNews Archive Internship for the upcoming semester. The NEC publishes EcoNews, an environmental newspaper, on a bi-monthly basis, and also publishes content on the NEC website for online distribution. EcoNews has been published for 45 years and is one of the country’s oldest bioregional environmental publications.
Under the supervision of the Administration and Development Director and in collaboration with NEC Staff, the Archive Intern is responsible for article review, data entry and digitization of historic EcoNews editions. Hours per week are flexible but 60 hours total are required per semester. To view past issues of EcoNews online, visit www.yournec.org/econews-online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of historic EcoNews articles
- Manage EcoNews archive database including data entry
- Manage scanning and digitization process
- Select historic articles for publication as part of EcoNew’s Blast From the Past section
- Editing and formatting the saved PDFs in preparation for uploading to website
- Maintain organized files
- Take on research tasks and other duties and needed.
- Must be an HSU student to receive internship credit
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Mac operating system
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
Send resume specifying relevant experience, a letter of recommendation addressing relevant skills, and your predicted weekly availability schedule to Bella Waters, Administrative & Development Director.
Submission via email (pdf, doc) is preferred: email@example.com
By US Mail:
Northcoast Environmental Center
Attn: Bella Waters
PO Box 4259