Why Donate to the NEC?
1. ECONEWS! We're the main hub for environmental news and happenings. We do this through EcoNews and EcoNews Report!
2. CLEAN BEACHES! We organize Coastal Cleanup Day! The largest volunteer event in Humboldt County. In addition to cleanups, we're educating the community on marine debris prevention initiative such as reusing materials, banning plastic bags and refusing plastic straws.
3. WATCH DOG! With our ear to the ground and nose in other people's businesses we'll find out things that affect our area and let you know how you can help!
4. PEOPLE! We provide opportunities for emerging environmentalists through internships, work study and service learning positions.
5. KICK BUTTS! We've removed over 14,000 cigarette butts from the streets of Arcata through our Adopt-a-Block program!
6. OCEAN NIGHT! We help organize this popular monthly event that brings our community together for a night of ocean related films.
7. PUBLIC LANDS! The NEC has years of protecting wilderness under its belt and is actively involved in protecting more!
8. ALL SPECIES PARADE! We organize this wacky, animal and plant filled parade each year during the North Country Fair.
9. CONNECTIONS! We connect the community with resources all sorts of environmental issues. See illegal dumping? Call us! Unpermitted logging? Call us! Need to report nasty stuff in the rivers? Call us!
10. Help us to keep hope alive! The NEC has been active in your community for over 45 years; we are looking forward to many more.
The NEC is COMMUNITY SUPPORTED
YOU make all our work possible!
A subscription to our bi-monthly publication EcoNews
I will help the Northcoast Environmental Center
Choose a membership level from the list above,
There are many projects around the office, in EcoNews production, archiving and others that we could use your help with! Give us a few hours on occasion, or every week.. the amount of time you contribute is up to you! We are also looking for committed interns!